Silent Treatment

Would you choose to go a day without talking to your husband? No matter how you feel toward your husband, you probably wouldn't. Going a day without speaking to him would damage your relationship! No one wants that to happen. On the contrary, you want to do everything possible to improve your relationship. And good communication is essential to strengthening your relationships!

How then can we expect to go a day without speaking to God and our relationship with Him not suffer? We must seek Him daily through prayer! Some form of the word pray is found over 300 times throughout the bible. Prayer is an essential part of our Christian walk! 

A few facts about prayer:

  • God only hears the prayers of the righteous (Those who are saved)
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.(1 Peter 3:12)
 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. (Prov 15:29)
  • Pray at all time 
Pray without ceasing.(1 Thes 5:17)
  • Pray that God's will be done
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.(Mat 29:15) 
  •  Have faith that God will answer your prayer
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.(Mark 11:24)
  • Be humble 
Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.(Luke 18:10-14)
  • Give thanks
 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; (Col 4:2)
  • Pray for others
We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;(1 Thes 1:2) 
  • It's okay to ask for prayers
Brethren, pray for us.(1 Thes 5:25) 
  • Prayer works
 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.( James 5:16)

Thank you so much for stopping by! 
I would love for you to join us on FacebookTwitter, or our email list! 




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post! I never really new the first one, that God only hears the prayers of the righteous. I mean I am sure that I have heard that verse before, but never really thought about it.

    Thanks so much for such an insightful post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...