Easy Homemade Applesauce!

One of the things I love about fall is that apples are in season! Growing up my Nana always made applesauce for us. It was so yummy! Last year, I decided to try to make some for myself. And was surprised that it was so easy to make! And as an added bonus, the house smells amazing! :)

Here's how:

1.Peel, core, and dice apples. You can use any variety. I use Mutsu. Add to pot with a little water. (I used about 1/2 c. You just want enough to cover the bottom of the pot so the apples don't burn.)

 2.Add cinnamon and sugar if desired. (I don't add any sugar so the recipe is clean. But if you want to use about 1/2 per 10 apples)

3.Cook on Medium heat until soft, stirring occasionally.

As the apples cook down they produce a lot of liquid and smaller pieces will start breaking down. 
They're almost ready now!

 4.Smash apples! I use a pastry blender, but you could use a potato masher or even just smash between spoon and edge of pot. I like to leave some chunks in mine! 

5.Enjoy! Keep in refrigerator or can.

Do you make applesauce? What are your favorite seasonal dishes?


Thank you so much for stopping by! 
I would love for you to join us on FacebookTwitter, or our email list! 




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...