Do As I Say, Not As I Do?

We begin imitating those around us during infancy. (That is, after all, how we learn.) Even now, as adults, we imitate others in our dress, behavior, ect.. Of course, now we must be much more careful of who we choose to imitate. There are many people that are not good examples to us, and on the flip side there are also quite a few good ones. 

Have you ever had someone tell you not to do something while they are doing it? I'm reminded of the scene from Courageous where Shane said "One time he said to me, I better not catch you drinking. He had a beer in his hand. It's not like I don't love the guy, it's just kinda hard to respect a hypocrite." This truly makes no sense to me. If I shouldn't be doing it, why are you?? Sadly, many people today have this attitude.

There are people who are good examples that we can follow though. Paul told the church at Corinth to imitate him but notice he didn't stop there.
(1 Corinthians 11:1)Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Why was it okay for them to imitate Paul? Because he was imitating Christ! We, too, can look to other godly Christian women and imitate them. But we must be careful to not let them be our only guide. Everyone messes up from time to time(James 3:2, Romans 3:23). Always check your beliefs/actions against the scriptures!


What are you teaching those around you?


Thank you so much for stopping by! 
I would love for you to join us on FacebookTwitter, or our email list! 




Linking up with these blogs:The Better MomThe Modest MomRaising ArrowsThankful Homemaker,  Time-Warp WifeThese Five of Mine Plus TwoAbove RubiesHeavenly HomemakersGrowing HomeThe Alabaster Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...